Since its founding in 1970, the Summer Institute of Church Music has housed most of its faculty, students and activities onsite at Trafalgar Castle School.
Accommodation and meals at Trafalgar Castle School remains the most economical option, but many others exist closeby.
Students interested in meals and/or accommodation at Trafalgar Castle School should note the following:
- Accommodation space at Traflagar Castle School is limited, and will be assigned on a first come/first served basis. It may not be possible to fulfill all requests for private accommodations: after these spots are assigned, applicants will be asked to share.
- While many people with limited mobility are able to navigate this historic building while attending the Institute, please be aware that it is not fully accessible. For more information on its suitability for your own situation please contact the House Manager.
- Trafalgar Castle School food services are fully equipped to deal with most special dietary needs, but advance notice must be given via the online registration form or by contacting the House Manager.
- Sleeping rooms are not equipped with air-conditioning, and can become quite warm in July - fans are provided in all rooms.
For up-to-date information on the cost of accommodation and meals at Trafalgar Castle School for the current session of SICM visit the registration section. Arrangements are possible for special vegetarian cuisine and other special dietary and health needs by contacting the House Manager.
Nearby Hotel options in Whitby (the following are all relatively inexpensive, and are listed here beginning with the lowest priced.)
1. Motel 6 (Consumer's Drive) 905-665-8883
2. Canadiana Motel (Dundas Street) 905-668-3686 or 1-800-570-9670
3. TravelLodge (Champlain Drive) 905-436-9500
4. Holiday Inn Express (Consumer's Drive) 905-665-8400 or 1-800-465-4329
5. Quality Inn and Suites (Champlain Drive) 905-432-8000
also, please visit www.town.whitby.on.ca/tourism/
Return to SICM page...